Ideal for cooking in a crock pot.
- Chuck Roast
- 4 Potatoes
- 4 Onions
- 6-8 Carrots
- Half a head of lettuce
- Season the roast with salt and pepper and then flour it.
- Add oil to the bottom of a frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- Brown both sides of roast in the frying pan.
- While roast is browning, prepare the vegetables.
- Peel and halve potatoes lengthwise
- Peel and halve onions
- Scrape carrots
- Cut the half head of cabbage in half
- Add vegetables to crock pot: carrots on the bottom, then potatoes, then onions, then the cabbage.
- Add water to the crockpot until vegetables are covered.
- Once roast is good and browned, remove it from the frying pan and blot it with a paper towel.
- Serving Suggestion: Save the beef drippings from browning the roast to make a savory gravy to pair with your roast!
- Place roast on top of the vegetables and cover.
- Set heat to high and GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS FOR THE DAY. I usually put it on high in the morning and then turn it down to low around mid to late afternoon once the meat is tender.
- By dinner time, your roast will be perfectly cooked and ready to serve!