Nicole Monturo’s Gravy Recipe
This gravy goes great with my recipe for Pot Roast – if you save the drippings after you brown and cook the roast, you can use that to make homemade gravy!
- Beef drippings from roast prep
- Beef broth – use if no drippings
- Finely chopped pot roast – optional
Preparing the Drippings:
- Strain drippings to separate the juice from the grease and fat.
- Discard grease and fat.
Preparation: Stirring Constantly
- Heat 1 to 2 cups of the drippings/broth until it’s almost bubbling while stirring it.
- Add 1 tbsp. of flour to the liquid.
- Repeat Step 2 – stirring constantly – until desired taste and consistency of gravy has been reached.