- 1 Cup of Butter
- ¾ Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 Cups of Flour
- ¼ + Teaspoon of Almond Extract
Preparation & Baking
- The night before baking
- Mix Ingredients very well. Wrap dough in Saran wrap and place in. Refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat Oven at 350 degrees. Then prep your work space/countertop well with Flour and you can use parchment paper if it is to your liking – otherwise ensure your work space is well floured along with your rolling pin. ROLL THE DOUGH OUT VERY THIN. When you think it is too thin – roll a little more. Use cookie cutters of choice to cut out cookies. Place cookies on baking sheets and sprinkle with colored sugar to your liking. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes – depending on oven. You want the cookies to be slightly golden but not brown. The slight color will bring out the Almond flavoring in the cookies even better to couple with the sugar sprinkles.
The cookies are by design thin and will be crispy and quick to eat- but will burn if you don’t watch them