- 6 ripe but firm fruit: Peaches, Nectarines, or Plums (or personal choice – they just need to be firm & not too ripe)
- ¼ cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup of white granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. of Butter
- ½ tsp. of ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup of Bourbon of choice (when cooking – you may use more)
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. of Water
- Ice Cream – Vanilla
- Small sprig of mint, rosemary, or thyme
*** This mixture can be used when making peach pie filling – just add some flour and corn starch very sparingly and carefully to further thicken the filling. ***
- Place Water, Brown Sugar, white sugar, butter, cinnamon and ½ of the required Bourbon in a skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When reaching the desired simmer, remove the skillet from the heat and add the remaining bourbon and vanilla extract while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Return the skillet to the heat, having added the cut-up fruit of choice. Baste fruit with pan sauce for 3 to 4 minutes until fruit is tender and lightly caramelized. (**This may vary a small bit depending on the fruit chosen and the size, style of cut on fruit).
- Remove from heat, allow to cool 2 to 5 minutes – based on preference.
- Serve the fruit and mixture over Ice Cream with a small sprig of green.