- ⅓ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 T of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp of Minced Ginger
- 1 lb Medium uncooked, deveined & Peeled shrimp
- 2 tsp of Olive Oil
1. Whisk the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in medium mixing bowl.
2. Place Shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or Tupperware. Pour ½ of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes or a preferred 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3.
3. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade- as it will have contaminates in it from the raw shrimp). Cook shrimp on one side until no longer pink – about 45 seconds – then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
4. Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and with some steamed veggies on the side.
*** I normally serve this with rice (rotating the type) and a veggie that can be “added in” or is at least a winner with my dinner audience. ***