- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast – 2 lbs.
- Garlic Cloves – 2
- Dried Oregano – 1 tsp.
- Fresh Parsley – 1 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice – ½ lemon
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Pepper – ½ tsp.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano in a small bowl. Mix well, and then rub onto chicken breasts.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the the butter and brown the chicken.
- Move chicken to a slow cooker, leaving the juices in the pan.
- In the same skillet, add water and lemon juice, and then bring the mixture to a boil over high heat to loosen the browned bits of chicken from the skillet.
- Pour the liquid over the chicken in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add parsley to slow cooker and baste the chicken.
- Cover again and cook on high heat for an additional 15-30 minutes,
- Once chicken is tender, it’s ready to serve!
This lemon garlic chicken goes great with some homemade garlic bread.